The World Against Israel
Quantity in Basket:
Dennis Prager - The World against Israel
The World against Israel
Log Line: Why is the so much of the world against the State of Israel and what are the motivations behind this prejudice.
Sound Quality: ***
When talking about the fact that he will publish a list of professors who have refused to come on his show, there is a break in the tape, right after the words, "it's a scandal." It breaks at 47:39 and resumes at 47:51.
At 61:29 there is another break, after the words, "How do you wish to go about seeing that happen," regarding a religion wanting to convert others. The tape resumes at 62:02.
Summary: Dennis delves into the Left's opposition to Israel in the US and Europe. He also covers Arab opposition to Israel, both its historical roots and contemporary manifestations. He demonstrates how tightly the US is to Israel and how this link exacerbates anti-Israel feelings.
1. The amount of criticism directed towards Israel is baffling and unwarranted. Smaller than the state of New Hampshire, Israel is the democratic oasis in the heart of a repressive region and offers more rights to the Arab citizen than any Arab country.
2. To the dissatisfaction of many, Israel and America are forever bound by the ideals of freedom and the Judeo-Christian faith.
3. One of the chief reasons for the hatred of Israel on the part of the political Left and the United Nations is its embodiment of everything they distrust: religious faith, strength, and nationalism.
4. The animosity towards Jews in the Arab-Islamic world is an often misunderstood phenomenon, rooted in the historical tradition of Mohammed and the perception of the Jews' rejection towards his teachings.
5. When all is said and done, there is a good case to be made that something divine is involved in the persecution of Jews. This ties into the belief that the Jews are God's chosen people—a tradition that makes many Jews uncomfortable but has been taken seriously by much of the world.